Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Wit (2001)

Wit is a 2001 American television (HBO) drama film directed by Mike Nichols and starring Emma Thompson. A powerful film, I find myself tearing up as I think back on it. It's on Max.

trailer:



Roger Ebert calls it "a drama both intelligent and heartbreaking, starring Emma Thompson as a woman dying of cancer" and says because of his history with cancer he couldn't finish it. 91% of Rotten Tomatoes audiences give it a positive review.

I'll be having a comforting cup of tea:



and joining Elizabeth and friends at the T Stands for Tuesday blogger gathering.

11 comments:

  1. ...I know Emma Thompson, but not this show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will give this a try. I really like Emma Thompson. Your tea cup and saucer looks so elegant. Have a n ice day today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some films are just too hard to watch!
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This film sounds goofd. Enjoy your tea! Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw this years ago--very good. Of course with Emma Thompson it had to be good. :) Having just gone through my own cancer battle, I wouldn't care to rewatch it right now, though, even if it was excellent, as I recall. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure if I'm strong enough to watch this movie, but a cup of tea would be welcome

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore this movie. But it's heartbreaking. She is just so good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once again I don't know this film. That is nothing new. But your cup of tea looks so comforting. I hope it was a great T day Nita.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've lost two friends to cancer recently, so I doubt I could watch this film. I just feel I would be reliving their deaths. I will, however, have a cup of tea with you. It is a charming tea cup and saucer. Thanks for sharing the film and your comforting tea with us for T this Tuesday, dear Nita.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This film sounds interesting. I like your tea as well!
    Happy T Tuesday! (Belated)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like Emma Thompson. Your cup is lovely. I find tea comforting as well.
    Happy Belated Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete