Tuesday, August 15, 2023

The Young Girls of Rochefort

The Young Girls of Rochefort is a 1967 French musical comedy film written and directed by Jacques Demy. The ensemble cast is headlined by real-life sisters Catherine Deneuve and Françoise Dorléac, and features Gene Kelly. The director's The Umbrellas of Cherbourg is one of my all-time favorite films and this doesn't top it, but this is still a beautiful film and a sweet story. And you can't go wrong with Gene Kelly. I watched it on Max.

trailer:



98% of Rotten Tomatoes critics give it a positive review.

*******


Join me in sharing a drink over at Elizabeth's T Stands for Tuesday blogger gathering. Here's mine:

14 comments:

  1. ...I only know the cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Famous names, all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The film sounds good! Happy T Day with coffee, Yesssssssss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to check that out! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I am not a coffee drinker, so I'm not up on all the ways to make coffee. That looks really interesting. And I do want to heck out that film. Hope you're having a great T day Nita.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very much of its time, with lots of dancing. And I love the fashion. Sweet.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your coffee setup looks good. We have switched from a filter to a French press because it’s more convenient and less waste (no filter paper to discard). But both make good coffee. Sounds like a fun movie.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen this movie but your pour over looks familiar. Hubby just started using this method instead of the Keurig.
    Happy tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like another winner of a movie. I can't wait to retire and watch all these great films too. Great looking drink. Happy t-day and hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I had Max, but I can't seem to get rid of cable yet. Your pour over coffee looks great in that beautiful mug. Thanks for sharing your film and coffee with us for T this Tuesday, dear Nita.

    Sorry I am late visiting. I spent time today in an ice bath trying to help my back I hurt during the neighborhood clean up. Even though I bent with my knees, I felt something go when I stood up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just looking at the picture tells me it's a comedy. LOL Love the coffee maker. Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this. If I had Max I'd watch it today!

    ReplyDelete