Monday, August 28, 2023

American Graffiti

American Graffiti is a 1973 award-winning American coming-of-age comedy-drama film directed by George Lucas and starring Richard Dreyfuss, Ron Howard, Harrison Ford, Cindy Williams, Mackenzie Phillips, and Wolfman Jack. I saw this in the theater when it was released and hadn't seen it since. It was fun to re-watch it. "Where were you in '62?" (I was in 1st grade.) I watched it on Netflix.

trailer:



Roger Ebert gives it 4 out of 4 stars and says, "“American Graffiti” is not only a great movie but a brilliant work of historical fiction; no sociological treatise could duplicate the movie’s success in remembering exactly how it was to be alive at that cultural instant." 96% of Rotten Tomatoes critics gave it a positive review.

*******
I'm seeing more butterflies now in late summer than I've seen before.

20 comments:

  1. ...sadly, I've never seen it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth watching, and not just for the music. It illustrates a moment in time.

      Delete
  2. Classic and great music

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that score. It was a terrific film.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw it in the theatres when it came out, and then I tried to watch it a few years back It's a well made film, but I thought it was a little slow moving. I guess we've all become part of the "faster is better" lifestyle. But speaking of slow, those reflections caught my eye. I've had great butterflies this year also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A classic! Great sound.
    I love seeing your patio pics, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. In 1962 I was living in London and just 2 years away from graduation. Nice memories! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a film I've not seen.
    Pleased you have been seeing butterflies, I like your photograph.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Watching the butterflies has been a real treat.

      Delete
  8. We've a few butterflies, but not too many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not many here, either. I remember when butterflies were thick at the flowers :(

      Delete
  9. I was born 10 years later, but this sounds like an interesting, wild, cool movie! Also interesting pronouncation. We stress the "t", you the "f".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How interesting about the pronunciation!

      Delete
  10. I've always wanted to see this film. Sadly, if it's on Netflix, I never will.

    I love your patio garden. You are SO lucky. I can't leave water on my patio because it just encourages mosquitoes. Mosquitoes LOVE me. If I am in a group, I am the only one the mosquitoes go for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it'll move to Prime...

      Oh, if I didn't dump/refill the water dishes every day the mosquitoes would take over. They're bad enough as it is.

      Delete