Thursday, August 03, 2023

Three Colors: White

Three Colors: White is a 1994 French/Polish comedy-drama film, the second in the Three Colours trilogy, themed on the French Revolutionary ideals. from Wikipedia: White is about equality, with the film depicting Karol Karol, a shy man who, after being left by his wife in humiliating circumstances in Paris, loses his money, his residency, and his friends. As a deeply ashamed beggar in Paris, Karol begins his effort to restore equality to his life through revenge. I watched it on Max.

trailer:



The Guardian closes a positive review with this: "What a strange confection White is – an opera of male agony and outrageously implausible picaresque adventure. Yet it succeeds amazingly on its own melodramatic terms." Roger Ebert gives it 3.5 out of 4 stars. 89% of Rotten Tomatoes critics gave it a positive review.

*******


And there's another Trump indictment. Read this latest one here.



18 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha to your three times indicted meme. My Wisdom post about clowns & palaces was written a few weeks ago, I did not know it could be considered timely & I wasn't even thinking of the donald at the time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been seeing so many memes lol The clown quotes are suitable for many situations. I guess that's why they're popular no matter what time of the political season it is.

      Delete
  2. For some reason, that film doesn't sound all that appealing to me. However, I have already read the latest indictment. Even a high school student should be able to read and understand it. Smith knows how to write a brief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The revenge narrative is fascinating here.

      Yes, anybody _should_ be able to read and understand, but for those who've bought the trump conspiracy theories they have their eyes closed.

      Delete
  3. I had to laugh at this meme. I won't go on, but I could. What goes around, comes around, as they say. Did I write that the other day on your post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted something on facebook about how the possible punishment for one pf his crimes is the death penalty. I'm thinking he won't serve even a single day in jail.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. There've been a lot of trump-related musical memes lately.

      Delete
  5. Another film I never heard of. . DT deserves every indictment they throw at him, and then a few more. what a dreadful creature. Can you give me your FB address and then I could contact you there? Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've sent you a link to my facebook profile through your website. I look forward to hearing from you :)

      Delete
  6. I watched this trilogy long ago--Netflix DVDs. Went to go look (which I won't be able to do anymore come October) and I watched them in 2006--rated 5 stars.

    I hope he pays consequences this time. Please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He won't serve a day in jail, mark my words. He'll benefit financially as he has been doing all along. It's disgusting.

      Delete
  7. ...will there be a fourth?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You find the best movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be lost without all the random lists.

      Delete