Saturday, August 26, 2023

Senso

Senso a 1954 Italian historical melodrama film directed and co-written by Luchino Visconti. Set during the Third Italian War of Independence, the film follows an Italian contessa (Alida Valli), who has an affair with an Austrian Lieutenant (Farley Granger). It's interesting to watch Farley Granger while hearing someone else dub his lines. This film is yet another in my Max watchlist.

trailer:



Roger Ebert has it on his list of Great Movies. 88% of Rotten Tomatoes critics give it a positive review.

*******

6 comments:

  1. I thought at first that the title was 'Senseo', which is a type of coffee here....I have a one track mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I've always wondered what it'd be like to participate in a flash mob.

      Delete
  3. I'll pass on this one, too. Thanks anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't re-watch it, but seeing Farley Granger was worth it.

      Delete