Wednesday, August 09, 2023

Vivre sa Vie

Vivre sa Vie (1962) is yet another French New Wave drama film written and directed by Jean-Luc Godard and yet another from my Max watchlist.

trailer:



Criterion says it "remains one of his most dynamic films, combining brilliant visual design with a tragic character study." FrenchFilms calls it "one of the most significant films of the French New Wave". Roger Ebert has it on his list of Great Movies. 89% of Rotten Tomatoes critics gave it a positive review, and the audience score is even higher.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Some days I don't watch any. Some days I watch 5. It all depends.

      Delete
  2. Another film that passed me by. One day I will catch up and spend a weekend just watching films! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all passed me by. That's why I depend on finding lists online of "best of" movies.

      Delete
  3. ...smoking was an in thing back then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember. I'm glad I never started.

      Delete
  4. I loved that trailer. What 60s looks! Hairstyles! Clothes! Wonderful.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you're watching all these international films.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Godard was quite good at writing and directing well thought out films. Too bad I don't have Max.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a free trial period. That's how we started because of a few things in particular we wanted to watch.

      Delete