Friday, March 03, 2023

Valley of the Dead

Valley of the Dead is a 2020 Spanish zombie action movie that takes place during the Spanish Civil War. The zombies are the result of Nazi experimentation, and there's something irresistible about Nazi zombies. It's a fun film with lighthearted touches, but I wouldn't call it a comedy. I tend to like the zombies, whether slow or fast, old or new, few or many, and I enjoyed this film. That said, I wouldn't recommend it as one of your first zombie movies. There are better ones out there and better introductions to this horror subgenre. I watched it on Netflix.

trailer:



Heaven of Horror says it's more of a war movie than a horror film. The Review Geek opens its review with this: "Valley of the Dead is certainly not original, but it’s also not a bad zombie flick either."

18 comments:

  1. No no, please no zombie movies (col).

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...there are too many valleys of the dead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I FEEL like a zombie ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All this rain is zombifying my brain.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like fun! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a zombie person, Funny how you either like zombies or don't like them. Have a great start to your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That'd make for a good study. Or a good discussion group.

      Delete
  6. I think I'll give this one a pass!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It won't suit everybody, that's true.

      Delete
  7. I haven't seen this one. I will give it a try. Thanks and have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LIVE in the valley of the dead (grin).

    ReplyDelete