Sunday, March 12, 2023

Paris, Texas

Paris, Texas is an award-winning 1984 road movie directed by Wim Wenders and starring Harry Dean Stanton, Dean Stockwell, and Nastassja Kinski. I like these actors when I find them and enjoyed this movie. from Wikipedia:
The plot focuses on a traumatized man named Travis (Stanton) who, after mysteriously wandering out of the desert in a dissociative fugue, attempts to reunite with his brother (Stockwell) and seven-year-old son (Carson). After reconnecting with his son, Travis and the boy end up embarking on a voyage through the American Southwest to track down Travis' long-missing wife (Kinski).
I watched it on HBO Max.

trailer:



Roger Ebert has it on his list of Great Movies. Rotten Tomatoes has a 94% critics consensus score.

14 comments:

  1. ...another that flew past me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these actors too. I haven't heard those names in quite some time. Happy Sunday to you Nita.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Dean Stockwell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed this one. Might have to take a peek. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't even bother watching the trailer because I don't have HBO max, so don't want to get excited about something I have no way of seeing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get a free trial of HBO Max. You could make a list of what you want to watch and give the free trial a try once your list is long enough. We did that with Apple+.

      Delete
  6. This was a very good film! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete