Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Lone Wolf and Cub: Sword of Vengeance

Lone Wolf and Cub: Sword of Vengeance is a 1972 Japanese sword-fighting film, the first in a series of six films in the Lone Wolf and Cub series based on the manga. This is interesting, and I'm glad The Younger Son introduced me to the series. The father/son pair is sweet. Right now it looks like it's available on Internet Archive. I watched it on HBO Max.

trailer:



Criterion opens its description with this: "The inaugural film in the Lone Wolf and Cub series immediately thrust Itto Ogami into the ranks of the all-time great samurai movie icons." Rotten Tomatoes has an audience consensus score of 90%.

12 comments:

  1. ...vengeance seems to be popular these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Himself might like this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another film I have never heard of ! Have a great day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never heard of it either. My younger son is a treasure for new-to-me movies. The streaming services are nice to have to access them.

      Delete
  4. It looks like people are really into getting revenge these days.
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Revenge has always been a popular theme in movies.

      Delete
  5. The face on your video link looks Native American. I'm ot sure I've ever seen a sword fighting movie other than that oldie from the 1970's The Three Musketeers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Japanese samurai films are wonderful!

      Delete
  6. I think I might enjoy this, especially since the series is FREE. My favorite word!

    ReplyDelete