Thursday, March 30, 2023

Godzilla vs Megaguirus

Godzilla vs Megaguirus is a 2000 Japanese Toho kaiju monster movie. This is a direct sequel to the 1954 original Godzilla movie, ignoring everything that's happened in the other movies since then. Obviously not the first Godzilla movie you should see, it's definitely worth watching if yuo're doing a chronological viewing of them all. Which we have been doing. We have the DVD; it doesn't appear to be available on any of the services we subscribe to.

Japanese trailer:



Reviews were mixed.

16 comments:

  1. Thanks, I'll pass on this one! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure silly entertainment, but I'll pass--lol! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are plenty of other movies to watch, after all...

      Delete
  3. ...Godzilla I've heard of, but Megaguirus is new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen any of these films. I need to at least once though to at least say I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watch that 1954 Raymond Burr film first, that's my suggestion.

      Delete
  5. We did all the ones on HBO, too fun. This one wasn't in the list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We couldn't find it on a streaming service.

      Delete
  6. I've never been a big fan. Not sure why, as I love a good sci fi movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The monster movies, especially the Japanese ones, are such a unique sub-genre.

      Delete
  7. I've never seen any of these films...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everybody should see the first one.

      Delete