Wednesday, July 03, 2019

I Love to See the Summer Beaming Forth

Summer Clouds, by Emil Nolde

I Love to See the Summer Beaming Forth
I love to see the summer beaming forth
And white wool sack clouds sailing to the north
I love to see the wild flowers come again
And mare blobs stain with gold the meadow drain
And water lilies whiten on the floods
Where reed clumps rustle like a wind shook wood
Where from her hiding place the Moor Hen pushes
And seeks her flag nest floating in bull rushes
I like the willow leaning half way o’er
The clear deep lake to stand upon its shore
I love the hay grass when the flower head swings
To summer winds and insects happy wings
That sport about the meadow the bright day
And see bright beetles in the clear lake play

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that poem, it's a perfect tribute to a summer day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to develop an appreciation of poetry. It's not going well lol

      Delete
  2. Summer! And it finally arrived here. Our temps and humidity on the rise for the next few days. I'd love to be at the ocean watching puffy clouds drift by. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This would be a perfect day for a walk along the ocean. I'd love to be closer to a beach :)

      Delete
  3. I love that summer is here too. For us in the north east it sure took long enough this year. Beautiful painting and poem today. Thanks for sharing. Hugs Erika. And happy 4th of July too if I don’t get back by then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never complain about heat and humidity. I save my complaints for when winter cold hits ;)

      Delete
  4. Simply beautiful art and a great poem to accompany it. Summer has truly hit here, too. Not as romantic as the poem you shared, but sticky, humid, and rather ugly heat. I prefer your world of art and beauty right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful art and words. Thanks for sharing, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful poem! It captures summer perfectly 😀. Creative hugs and wishes! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clare does a good job of capturing seasons, as I see his work so far.

      Delete