Tuesday, April 25, 2023

You never drink the same coffee twice

via Open Culture:
No matter how much coffee you drink, you never drink the same coffee twice. Coffee-drinkers understand this instinctively, even those who only drink their coffee at home using the same beans and the same brewing process day in and day out. For even in the most controlled coffee-making conditions we can achieve in our everyday lives, variations have a way of creeping in. Endless scrutiny of those variations is all in a day’s work for someone like Matt Perger, who’s come out on or near the top of several barista championships, and who founded the online coffee-education service Barista Hustle and its associated Youtube channel.

In the channel’s most popular video by far, Perger delivers an 80-minute lecture on “advanced coffee making”...



I just pour boiling water from the electric kettle over grounds in my 1-cup pour-over for my morning coffee most days. Maybe I should improve my coffee game... Please share your own drink-related post with us over at the T Stands for Tuesday blogger gathering.

16 comments:

  1. ...I never drink coffee once either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't drink coffee and don't really know how to make it. I have made coffee, but everyone who has had a cup said it was the worst coffee they ever had. Before we got the Keurig machine, I would tell people coming to visit, if they wanted coffee they need to stop at the Dunkin' Donuts on their way by 😺Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh, must send this to hubby. He is my barista!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there any food that comes out exactly the same way every time it's made? And that you are in the same mood and physical condition so it tastes the same to you instead of just very similar? The whole discussion seems a bit silly to me -- coffee just isn't that unique, despite the mystique. I wouldn't spend 80 minutes listening to the hype.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love coffee, and have a nice automatic machine which serves me with good drinks! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd watch it if it was shorter, but I'm not a coffee drinker. I was "trained" as a child to make it for my parents though on Saturday mornings when they would sleep in and I'd get up on the early side. Happy T day Nita.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should show this to my husband, he is trying to improve the quality of his coffee, no more Kerig.
    Happy tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. My preferred drink is tea, I occasionally enjoy an instant cup of coffee :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Several web sites tout Burr grinders are superior if you grind your own coffee. However, America's Test Kitchen (on PBS Create) did a test and burr grinders were no better than my grinder I use. I will watch this when I have an extra hour or so. Thanks for sharing this with us for T this Tuesday, dear Nita.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't drink coffee, but hubby does. If I make it for him, I make it too strong. I drink hot tea. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We only ever drink coffee when we are out, our favourite is Flores de Jamaica , it's very smooth although every cafe or restaurant here has a different blend.
    Our DIL has been working at a cafe for a couple of years and had extensive lessons, I couldn't believe how complicated it is.
    Thanks for visit yesterday, Jan S

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great video - thanks for sharing it. I love coffee and have been blessed with a love of it pretty much any way (even sitting for several hours on its own or made from crystals or super weak) so my morning cup is awesome every time. Guessing my taste buds are old or something - lol. Happy T-day and hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never drink coffee at all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I filter my coffee straight into the cup with a paper filter... I love my morning coffee the most...
    Hug

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh goodness! This got too complicated for me--lol! I do my pour-over coffee and it taste good to me. ;)

    ReplyDelete