Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Godzilla vs. Destoroyah

Godzilla vs. Destoroyah, a 1995 award-winning Japanese kaiju film produced and distributed by Toho Studios, is the 22nd installment in the Godzilla franchise and is the 7th and final film in the franchise's Heisei period. I watched it on Hulu, but it doesn't seem to still be available there.

via YouTube:


Million Monkey Theater says,
This movie gives us the best drama, the most eye-popping special effects, the most shed tears for a monster, and some of the cutest girls in any Godzilla movie. It was a fitting end to the 1990's run of Godzilla and a lot of fun to watch.
Rotten Tomatoes has a critics consensus score of 100%.

16 comments:

  1. Us Germans are very protected. From Godzilla... It says: "This video contains content from Toho Co., Ltd., who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds" . Bu-huu. Not a chance, sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it's still under copyright. I can't imagine why it's not on one of the streaming services *sigh*

      Delete
  2. ...this isn't my thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the original Godzilla and am now being a completist and watching everything in the series.

      Delete
  3. I've seen so many of the Godzilla movies. I can't remember if we saw this one or not. I love Godzilla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have trouble remembering which ones I've seen lol

      Delete
  4. This video has been blocked here...
    so I'm waiting for your next one. Enjoy watching the movies - movie tips are always great... have you seen the Picard episodes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still under copyright, so it's hard to tell who can show it where. I watched it on Hulu, but I can't find it on any of the streaming services now.

      Delete
  5. Nope. Not for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a niche audience lol

      Delete
  6. Not my thing, either, but at least I've heard of Godzilla!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just recently known how many of these there were. Sooo many!

      Delete
  7. I remember watching the original Godzilla on Saturday mornings, but there are SO many morphed ones, it's hard to keep up with them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's impossible. I worked from a list lol

      Delete
  8. The special effects is good but the English dubbing don't exactly match.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only know English and the tiniest bit of French, but I always assume the dubbing doesn't get it right. Just looking at how different titles of foreign detective show episodes are rendered...

      Delete