Monday, April 17, 2023

Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart at the River Styx

Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart at the River Styx is a 1972 film, the second in a series of six Japanese martial arts films based on the long-running Lone Wolf and Cub manga series about Ogami Ittō, a wandering assassin for hire who is accompanied by his young son. The two I've seen so far are wonderful fun, and the tender relationship between father and son is so sweet. I watched it on HBO Max.

trailer:

Criterion calls it an "exploitation-cinema classic". It has a critics consensus score of 100% at Rotten Tomatoes.

10 comments:

  1. The movie title is quite a mouthful. I wonder if bring your kid to work has gone too far in this movie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm thinkin' that might break some safety regulations lol

      Delete
  2. ...another that I missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be perfect for today's rainy day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have sunshine today! I may go to the garden center and look for lantana and pentas.

      Delete
  4. Not what I would normally pick--might peek at the first one to see if I would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you enjoyed it, have a great week! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today is a warm, sunny day. Happy Spring! :)

      Delete