Wednesday, April 05, 2023

Daphne (2017)

Daphne is a 2017 drama film that follows -over the course of a short period- the life of an attractive, hedonistic 31-year-old woman who lives in London. I'm glad I came across this one. I watched it on Amazon Prime, but it's also available free on Tubi.

trailer:



Roger Ebert's site says,
“Daphne” at first seems overly familiar and unfocused, it relatively quickly develops into something pretty remarkable, thanks mostly to the stunning performance at its center. ... "Daphne" has one of those performances that announces a major talent. I honestly think it’s one of the best I’ll see all year.
Rotten Tomatoes has a critics consensus rating of 100%.

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...another one that I missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly got good reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another one to add to my Prime list! LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a good score from Rotten Tomatoes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It surprises me to see a rating of 100%.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It's not a kind of life I'm at all familiar with.

      Delete
  7. Interesting. And funny accent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've not heard of this -- it sounds very interesting. I'll have to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete