Monday, August 05, 2019

Open Range

Open Range is a 2003 western film directed by Kevin Costner and starring Robert Duvall, Kevin Costner, Annette Bening, Michael Gambon, and Michael Jeter. This is a good, traditional western.


Empire Online says, "Driven by character and moving along at a steadily precise pace, Open Range is proof that Costner, for one, is content to make 'em like they used to. A return to Western in its pure, cinematic form." Roger Ebert says of Duvall, "His character elevates "Open Range" from a good cowboy story into the archetypal region where the best Westerns exist." Rotten Tomatoes has an audience score of 83%.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good movie to see, with great actors in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked this one, and you can't go wrong with these actors.

      Delete
  2. I like the old Westerns better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is definitely styled like a traditional western.

      Delete
  3. I love this film, great choice 😁. I hope you had a lovely weekend and wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x
    p.s. sorry I haven't been visiting! I managed to bash my nose on a door handle over the weekend, my nose is not broken but I now have 2 black eyes developing. My nose is also swollen and bruised so I can't wear my reading glasses which makes it very hard to blog as I can't see ...lol 😉. I hope to catch up on your posts soon! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been out of town for a week and not on blogger at all, though I kept up with politics (those debates) through FB. I have a lot of catching up to do. I'm so sorry you've hurt your face :( Ouch! I hope you're back up to wearing those reading glasses soon :)

      Delete
  4. Prof Dumbledore in a western! (Michael Gambon) Kevin & Robert I can see in a Western.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gambon has a good range in his acting ability, doesn't he!

      Delete
  5. I don't remember much about this but I do remember it now that you mention it. Maybe I need to finish it and give it another watch. Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's interesting to see these modern westerns that carry the tradition forward.

      Delete
  6. I'm pretty sure I saw this and it was a decent film. With those actors how could it not be. :)

    ReplyDelete