Thursday, August 29, 2019

Criss Cross

Criss Cross is a 1949 crime film/film noir. Directed by Robert Siodmak, it stars Burt Lancaster, Yvonne De Carlo, and Dan Duryea. The double-crossing gets 'em coming and going. You can't trust anybody, can you?

trailer:



You can watch it online here.

The New York Times says, "In many ways "Criss Cross" is a suspenseful action picture, due to the resourceful directing of Robert Siodmak." The New Yorker calls it an "exemplary film noir". Film Noir of the Week says, "this is THE FILM NOIR that I recommend to all noir neophytes as the place to start".

Rotten Tomatoes has a critics score of 100%.

12 comments:

  1. At first glance at the blog title I thought it was about that magician 😺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of magicians and didn't even know there was one by that name lol

      Delete
  2. This sounds delightful. I hope I find time to watch it tonight, since I also want to watch Oh Mr. Porter, which I didn't find time to watch last night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. a 100% score on rotten tomatoes. It must be worth a watch. Happy almost weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never heard of it before, but I'm glad I came across it.

      Delete
  4. Looks like it would be pretty good. Tony Curtis isn't even a headliner. Must have been very young with a small part. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing, I've added it to my ever growing watch later list. Winter should bring more time to sit in the armchair and TV binge! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes, the ever-growing list of bookmarked movies lol I'm right there with you on that lol

      Delete
  6. Not heard of this film before, thanks for the recommendation 😁. Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I came across it online, maybe posted by Anne at https://annescreativecornucopia.blogspot.com/ . She's posted links to a lot of these old crime films :)

      Delete