Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Chattanooga, part 4

After our visit to The Tennessee Aquarium we were ready for lunch so we set out on foot in search of food. We found some interesting art on the street along the way:



We ended up at the Blue Plate:


which is right on the Tennessee riverfront. The menu was tempting, but I finally decided on a turkey club sandwich (you'll notice I forgot to take a picture until it was almost half gone). It was delicious:


and strawberry lemonade:


Doesn't that look delicious? It was! I offer it as my link to the weekly T Stands for Tuesday blogger gathering. Join us by sharing a post with a drink reference and linking up here.

This was the view from our booth:


We were exhausted after our morning so returned to our hotel room for a bit of a foot prop. It wasn't long until we decided we wanted dessert and coffee, though, and the cookies in our supply bag just didn't have much appeal. We decided to take the free shuttle (the north end was next door in the garage where our car was parked) to the south end of the line and walk back towards the hotel until we found pie. We went in a book shop:


saw art on buildings:


and by the roadside:


We passed Warehouse Row:




and decided to stop in the Tupelo Honey Cafe:


The interior is comfortable:


Their menu looks like they have many delicious items, but we were just interested in dessert. And coffee, of course:


I had the Brown Butter Pecan Pie with chocolate ganache, and The Husband had banana pudding:


We headed back to the hotel on foot, figuring we'd stop and catch the shuttle when we saw it. That didn't take long, and before we knew it we were back in the hotel room. We found out there was a Democratic debate on that night, which provided interesting entertainment. I am on the far left-wing fringe, at least as U.S. politicians go, and I find politics fascinating.

We had a train ride planned for the next day, and I had never ridden on a train before!

*******

ATCs:

I got my envelope mailed before we left on vacation, and these were waiting in the mail fr me when we had delivery re-started once we got back home. I was excited by the PIF treasures I received from Mia:



and by the happy package that Chris, the person I sent to, sent to me:



Wow! Y'all are a generous and creative bunch! I admit my stash consists of old catalogs, magazines, cards, and newspapers and whatever ribbon I've found at the Dollar Tree. These treasures took my breath away! I hope to improve my skills in creating more interesting, better constructed pieces with more texture and depth in the coming year, and these delights inspire me to that end. Thank you!

Heat:


T Stands for Tuesday 6th Anniversary:


Peace:

21 comments:

  1. Fun trip. I love the urban art especially the kitties at the aquarium mural. Too fun. The food and restaurants look great, but oh my! Pie! 😋 I love pie and pecan is a great choice. Btw, is it pea-Cahn or pea-Can? And banana pudding is a real Southern thing, isn't it? How cool to return home to happy mail. Can't wait to see what you make with all the goodies as I enjoy seeing your ATCs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing art on the streets :) I saw cahn. I was grown before I heard anybody say can lol

      Delete
  2. Great photos from your trip. (I need to check out your earlier posts.) I like all of the wall murals / street art. The shops and cafe you went to looked like fun place. Beautiful stashes you received in the mail. And lovely ATCs, as always. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The street art you found is darling. I LOVED the cats staring at the aquarium and the cat fish, too. They were too, too cute and Bleubeard was impressed as well.

    That was an impressive menu. I might have ordered the Grilled Cheese, but it had pork with it. It still sounded good, though. Your turkey sandwich sounded great, too, except I am allergic to mayo. And WOW, I've never had strawberry lemonade. It looked quite refreshing.

    Loved the art you found along your walk. That "tractor" was out of this world, and of course, I was very interested in Warehouse Row. My kind of place.

    Your trip to Tupelo Honey Cafe had me wishing I'd eaten breakfast (grin). The coffee would have hit the spot about then, and your pie looked great.

    Mia is a real gem. She gives so much and is always so generous with her gifts, many of which she makes. And what can I say about Chris, other than she has always been OVERLY generous with her gifts to me. I could NEVER make up for all she's sent me. You will love all that washi tape, the napkin, and other gifts she sent you.

    Really liked your Heat ATC and the one you made for the exchange.

    Thanks for sharing this day with us in Chattanooga and your food and drinks, too, dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I don't like mayo on sandwiches and just order them without. I've always ordered sandwiches without mayo. I've never ordered grilled cheese in a restaurant, but I do like them :)

      Delete
  4. Anonymous7:25 AM

    I found "Heat" somehow relevant...
    --A Pal

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love street art! And what you saw was awessome! Well worth the walk. And your dessert looks delicious too. I'll settle for that.
    Wow! You had some very happy mail waiting for you!
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Great street art. What fun visit. On dessert, I would take yours over banana pudding. Love pecan pie! You received some lovely envelopes of goodies. Yes, I agree, these bloggers that come to the t party each week are very creative and generous! Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved all the street art, and I have been enjoying all of your trip posts. the food looks delicious! and yum dessert too great gifts Mia is such a sweetheart.
    enjoy creating and loved this weeks atc's too Happy T wishes Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like a lovely day in Chattanooga, D. OMGoodness, Chris and Mia really showered you with goodies. I hope you have fun using them.

    Peace and Happy T-day to you! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Street art you saw, really great. You had a wonderful holiday and saw so much. Thanks for sharing the photos. Had to laugh at having the sandwich half-eaten before taking the photo, this happens to me so often! Lots of wonderful ATCs and enjoy all the goodies you got. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super photos from your trip away, the street art looks fantastic.
    Enjoy your goodies, the ATC's looked great.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That street art is definitely interesting. And I love that blown up recipe on the wall!
    Looks like you got some great happy mail. You are going to have fun creating. Love your peace ATC.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. What treasure trove you have been sent. Cannot wait to see what you create with that stash! Your walkabout was really interesting, lots of art & creativity abound in Chattanooga

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved all the street art. Especially the cats at the aquarium--LOL! What a wonderful trip. And then to come home to Happy Mail treats--wow! Lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a fun little trip...so much in TN that we haven't seen. We often visit our kids, but haven't visited many places. the aquarium sounds fun, and love all the street art! you're a lucky gal to receive those goodies...gorgeous resources! happy T day a bit late!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was out-of-pocket yesterday and am also just now getting to visit for T. I'm so glad blogs work the way they do, ready and waiting for use when we're able to come by :)

      Delete
  15. Wooow so so wonderful photographs from your trip !! It may be very interesting, this street art is fabulous. Love to go shopping too. You have received gorgeous Atc´s and goodies from your friends, I´m sure you´ll create fantastic Artpieces. Wish you had a very nice T-day.
    I wish you a very happy Friday, and send big hugs,
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely street art, my friend. Great photos.
    Enjoy your goodies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hugs, Mia

    ReplyDelete