Wednesday, September 05, 2018

Method Three For Murder


Method Three For Murder is a 1960 Nero Wolfe novella by Rex Stout first published as a serial in The Saturday Evening Post. Archie Goodwin quits, and as he's walking out gets hired by a woman who has found a body. Nero Wolfe insists on helping. This is part of the collection Three at Wolfe's Door and has not been adapted for TV or film that I can find. I'm reading these books as I come across them. The Younger Son has a stash, and right now I'm working through the ones he's loaned me. The are fun, if somewhat dated, light reading. I get a kick out of the characters.

This story takes place in September.

10 comments:

  1. You remind me, I should make time for reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read a _lot_ and always have. I have to find time for doing other stuff lol

      Delete
  2. Sounds good, I read some of Stout's books some years back. I still read a lot, but these days mostly with my kindle, as I can adjust the print size. Enjoy your day! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never got an e-reader, but I do sometimes read on my computer. So many public domain works are available online.

      Delete
  3. Always appreciate book recommendations. Off to the library to check out if they have anything by Nero Wolfe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nero Wolfe books are fun. I'm not remembering if Rex Stout wrote books other than this series, but surely he did...

      Delete
  4. I love Nero Wolfe and was glad you reviewed this one for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some have held up better than others, but I still enjoy them.

      Delete
  5. I added Rex Stout to my to read list but haven't read any yet. Nothing is better than a good mystery. Thanks for your recommendations. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope you like them. They can be dated in that some of them focus on Cold War issues, but I still like them.

      Delete