Saturday, October 20, 2012

Ghost Story

Ghost Story is a 1981 horror film based on a Peter Straub novel. It stars Fred Astaire, Melvyn Douglas, Douglas Fairbanks Jr., John Houseman, Craig Wasson (who has a ST: DS9 connection), Patricia Neal, Jacqueline Brookes (who has a ST: TNG connection) and Alice Krige (Star Trek's Borg Queen). I hadn't realized I had seen this before, but once I got into it I realized I had. It's a tame and ordinary sort of horror movie -not gory, no big shocks, not particularly eerie... Not one I'd want to watch again, I don't think, so I'll pass my DVD on to someone else.

trailer:



Moria says it's not very interesting and that "it constantly comes weighed under a sense of its own self-importance". 1000 Misspent Hours loves the book and calls this "the most thoroughly wrong-headed film adaptation of a novel that I can ever recall having seen." Classic-Horror.com calls it "charming but eerie" and "a must see for any genre fans or any serious fan of film". Roger Ebert says, "This is a good movie."

No comments:

Post a Comment