Sunday, January 07, 2024

The Walking Hills

The Walking Hills (on YouTube, embedded below) is a 1949 Western film directed by John Sturges and starring Randolph Scott and Ella Raines with Arthur Kennedy, Edgar Buchanan, and John Ireland. The film's plot has film noir elements in its story of a search for an old treasure by nine men including a detective tracking a fugitive, several others who have things to hide, and a love triangle involving the two leads and the fugitive. The movie seems mostly forgotten these days, which seems a shame given the director and cast. There's a lot of talent there.

via YouTube:



*******
After Epiphany I put out snow people.

12 comments:

  1. ...this morning we woke to a White Christmas, it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've seen a lot of Randolph Scott movies. Very cute snowman. Snowman body parts are being dropped on my yard today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow! We never get nearly enough to build a snow man.

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited to see your snow people. I could send you some real snow that's falling today too. Hee-hee. Too bad it would melt in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not cold enough for snow here, though sometimes we get a surprise :)

      Delete
  4. I haven't put anything out yet. M winter bird is one the window sill but he's always there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep snow people out 'til Candlemas depending on how warm it gets.

      Delete
  5. I love snow people and this one is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that--"snow people"!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of them don't have an obvious gender ;)

      Delete