Thursday, January 04, 2024

The Small Hand: A Ghost Story

The Small Hand: A Ghost Story is a 2019 film starring Douglas Henshall (you might know him better from the Shetland TV series). The story is about an antique book dealer who finds himself confronted with forgotten parts of his past. Part of it takes place during the Christmas season. This has wonderful atmosphere and some unexpected turns.

trailer:



*******

We don't generally decorate the entire house for Christmas, but The Husband has this Santa on his little roll top desk.

18 comments:

  1. ...Father Christmas is elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might need to find this one -- it sounds good. I love your Father Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enjoyed seeing all your decorations. that's a very, handsome Santa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Husband likes that one :)

      Delete
  4. Anonymous7:20 AM

    The perfect desk ornament!
    -- A Pal

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a handsome Santa. Will it be left up all year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, he gets put away with the Christmas decorations.

      Delete
  6. Oh, I really like him from Shetland! Found this on BrtiBox and will definitely watch it.
    I like the old fashioned Santa. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like the movie. He's good in it.

      Delete
  7. I would like to see that ghost story! Happy New Year, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a creepy story with such an evil-evil boy. Icky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes, it was creepy, wasn't it. But Henshall was good.

      Delete
    2. He's been good in whatever I've seen him in so far--even this--lol!

      Delete
    3. I miss him in Shetland.

      Delete