Monday, January 15, 2024

Jurassic World

Jurassic World (Max) is a 2015 science fiction action film directed by Colin Trevorrow. It is the first installment in the Jurassic World trilogy and the fourth installment overall in the Jurassic Park film series. The film stars Chris Pratt, Vincent D'Onofrio, and BD Wong. When I posted this on FB, one of my friends picked at me for not naming the female lead, but I'm naming the actors I'm most familiar with and/or watch for. You wanna name the female lead go right ahead ;) I enjoyed this movie, even if it didn't include Jeff Goldblum and even if it did require characters to do the stupidest possible thing whenever a choice was before them. It's a fun watch.

trailer:



*******

The Daughter worked at Bath and Body Works for several years and gave me a few snowpeople during that time. This is one of those. The framed piece is an old Christmas card. If you're seeing the blurry photo it's because I didn't get around to taking a new picture when there was better light...


19 comments:

  1. ...it's cold enough for skating today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I love the snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This isn't my favorite genre (though I liked the first one) but I think they do a pretty good job with the franchise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was late coming to them, and I don't re-watch them, but fun enough.

      Delete
  4. Rather than be negative and tell you that the Jurassic series did nothing for me, I'd rather be positive and tell you that is an adorable snowperson. You might be able to build your own snowperson on your patio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not nearly enough for a snowman. They're saying we got 5 inches here.

      Delete
    2. 5 inches is a good amount to roll a snowman if the snow is wet or pastey. Any deeper and it's hard to roll the body parts

      Delete
  5. I don’t think I ever went beyond the first Jurassic Park film. I didn’t even have an idea that there were more. Lots of times I just don’t feel as if I need to see a sequel, even if a film is ok. But you take responsibility for knowing about films.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll watch them once, but I don't need to see any of these again...

      Delete
  6. How many snow people have you got altogether!? Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't counted, but I can't make it through the month I know lol

      Delete
  7. The movie was okay. I missed Jeff Goldblum, too! Just enjoy him so much in whatever he is in. But Chris Pratt is usually pretty good to watch and he did well in this, too.
    Cute snowperson! I actually have a gifted ceramic one with a light inside that never came in from the garage before the holidays this year. I hadn't put up decorations for so many years I forgot about it! Sad but true. Next year I will have my snowperson out and glowing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll have to post our lighted snowmen next year :)

      Delete
  8. The video clip opened up the world of curiosity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curiosity killed the cat, they say ;)

      Delete
  9. He's a cute snowman, and I just love all of the Jurrasic films, especially with Jeff Goldblum. .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was disappointed he wasn't in this one.

      Delete