Thursday, January 25, 2024

The Creator (2023)

The Creator (Hulu) is a 2023 science fiction action film. The actors I'm most familiar with here are Ken Watanabe and Allison Janney. Set in 2070, 15 years after a nuclear detonation in Los Angeles that started a war against artificial intelligence, an ex-special forces agent is recruited to hunt down and kill the "Creator," who has developed a mysterious weapon with the power to end the war. I'm supportive of all efforts to film more science fiction, and I'm impressed with this. Dealing with A.I. as it does makes it current, and their take on it is interesting. I'd watch this one again.

trailer:



*******

This snowman was Mother's. One year she decided The Husband had exhibited the best Christmas spirit and gave it to him as a prize. I thought the idea of awarding a prize for best Christmas spirit went against the idea of "Christmas spirit". But I never was much one for turning everything into a competition... At any rate, we've enjoyed having this snowman since the 1970s.


18 comments:

  1. I watched this and really liked it. The cheeky snowman is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That snowman is ready for anything :)

      Delete
  2. ...and I'm not familiar at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's new, so most folks won't be familiar with it.

      Delete
  3. I don't mind the idea of a competition if it's all in fun. The snowman makes a good prize!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Yes, getting prizes for best Christmas spirit seems to go against the grain somehow. But it is cute and a good memory.
    This movie is another one I will have to watch. What an interesting concept! Thanks for finding this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen this film, but I do like your snowman today. I like his vest and scarf too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your snowman! Have a great day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Powerful film clip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a powerful film, quite current.

      Delete
  8. Just wondering if you have seen the mini-series In Plain Sight (2016) with Douglas Henshall? Three parts. I watched it on BritBox but I don't know if you can find it anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so. I tend to avoid the based-on-a-true-story shows.

      Delete
  9. One of our sons was just talking about this film recently, so I've actually heard of it! LOL!

    Your mother's snowman is very nice.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete