Monday, December 23, 2019

Larceny, Inc.

Larceny, Inc. is a 1942 comedy gangster film starring Edward G Robinson, Jane Wyman, Broderick Crawford, and Anthony Quinn. This is one of Jackie Gleason's earliest film roles. The film is based on the play The Night Before Christmas by Laura Perelman and S.J. Perelman. It takes place during the Christmas season with the finale occurring on Christmas Eve. This is another of those old light-hearted seasonal movies that will refresh your palate after the diet of sticky sweetness I see available on television. The cast is priceless. I watched it here.

trailer:



14 comments:

  1. ...I remember the $64,000 question!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, but I will not watch any Christmas movies, enough is enough! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and it's not even Christmas yet lol!

      Delete
    2. We have been inundated with them here....

      Delete
    3. I think they start Christmas movies on TV on the day after Halloween. That's entirely too early!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I love the movies that aren't really Christmas movies but just happen during the season.

      Delete
  4. You had me at sticky sweetness. I had to watch it. It was surprisingly good, too. One of the things that gets me is how few opening screens there are. They were able to get all the essentials, except the director in one screen. Today there are more executive producers, co-producers, producers, and who knows what producers than seemingly anything else. Great choice, dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robinson is always a plus :) I'm so glad you liked it!

      Delete
  5. I bet Himself will love this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. I got a kick out of it :)

      Delete
  6. I need to check this one out. I am watching Die Hard now. My husband and I are debating if it is a movie set at Christmas or a Christmas movie. The question is, is there a difference? Happiest of holidays to you. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I count them as Christmas movies if they take place during the season even if they're not about Christmas itself. It broadens my seasonal options lol

      Delete