Saturday, November 18, 2023

Shows That Make Me Cry

I don't tend to cry during TV shows -well, there's that one Babylon 5 episode and the last episode of Inspector Morse and the two-part season finale of the fourth season of House- but generally speaking TV shows don't make me cry. That said, there are 2 exceptions to this among the modern series:

Hotel del Luna, a 2019 k-drama with 1 season of 16 episodes

Hotel del Luna trailer:



and River, a 2015 British detective series with 1 season of 6 episodes.

River trailer:



I watch them over and over and over, and I cry every single time.

*******

14 comments:

  1. ...crying can be good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like the song: Sad movies. Make me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two interesting concepts.
    Movies that make you cry are excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do tend to avoid them. I'm not sure why I like these 2 so much.

      Delete
  4. I saw Babylon too... and now I'll see if I can find Hotel del Luna or River... happy weekend to you.
    Thanks for the tips.
    Hug

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew I was going to have an R&R day today--so because of you I thoroughly enjoyed binge-watching River on BritBox! Love her and all the Skarsgards are phenomenal. Thanks, Nita!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That show is sooo good! I like that it's different from the usual detective series. Its rare to find that.

      Delete
  6. I can think of a few shows that made me cry. One that comes to mind was the last episode of season 4 in Unforgotten, a British murder/police procedural show. It's still worth the watch if you haven't seen it. Enjoy the rest of your wekend Nita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I've seen Forgotten. I'll have to look at it and see. Thx!

      Delete
  7. I adored "River." The others are new to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River was wonderful, wasn't it?! Beautifully done!

      Delete