Thursday, November 16, 2023

Bloodshot

Bloodshot (on DVD) is a 2020 American superhero film based on the Valiant Comics character of the same name. It is intended to be the first installment in a series of films set within a Valiant Comics shared cinematic universe. The film stars Vin Diesel in the main role as a soldier who was killed in action, only to be brought back to life with superpowers by an organization that wants to use him as a weapon. I enjoyed this. I'm unfamiliar with the character or Valiant Comics, but am happy to see a new superhero on the scene. And, of course, I'll watch anything with Vin Diesel in it. I'll definitely watch a sequel.

trailer:



*******

18 comments:

  1. ...I'm unfamiliar too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't "do" comic books when I was a child, so I missed out on a lot of these characters.

      Delete
  2. I don't know this one at all. YOu recently watched another Vin Diesel movie too I believe. Are you looking for his films or is this just a coincidence?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to watch his films when I come across them, and I re-watch the Riddick movies fairly often.

      Delete
  3. I like Vin Diesel. This looks like a combination of Captain America, Wolverine, and the Matrix. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's more a tragic figure in this one.

      Delete
  4. Looks like a strange premise. I've seen very little with Vin Diesel. Not my usual fare. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could try The Pacifier. It's a comedy, and he's good in it.

      Delete
  5. Sounds quite good! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not my genre... but Vin Diesel is a powerful incentive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll keep an eye out for this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised I couldn't find it on any of our steaming services.

      Delete
  8. "Sorry" to say, but... he is cute. And such a sad story...

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of our sons likes Vin Diesel, I must mention this film to him.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete