Sunday, January 08, 2023

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs

The Ballad of Bister Scruggs is a 2018 Coen Brothers Western anthology film. It stars Tim Blake Nelson, Tyne Daly, James Franco, Brendan Gleeson, Harry Melling, Liam Neeson, Saul Rubinek, and Tom Waits, and features six vignettes that take place on the American frontier. This is an amazing film, shocking, touching, and funny by turns and always surprising. I watched it on Netflix.

trailer:



Roger Ebert's site has a positive review, as do The Guardian and Empire Online. Rotten Tomatoes has a critics consensus score of 89%.

16 comments:

  1. ...Earl's brother?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of those times I wish I had Netflix. This sounds hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I might have seen this, but I think I'm going to add it to my to watch list in case I haven't. Westerns are one of my favorite genres. They also remind me of being a kid and watching them with my dad. That's always a nice thing-thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It came out in 2018, so you may well have already seen it. I don't know what took me so long.

      Delete
  4. I don't think I've seen this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was in my watch list for a while.

      Delete
  5. This is so funny. I really enjoyed it. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thoroughly enjoyed this one. Thanks for posting it... going to watch it again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not seen this one.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was promoted on Netflix, and several of my FB friends watched it. That's how I came across it.

      Delete
  8. I've heard of that one. I do like the Coens.

    ReplyDelete