Wednesday, January 04, 2023

Gingerdead Man

Gingerdead Man is generally placed in the category of Christmas horror because of the close connection between gingerbread men and Christmas treats. It is a 2005 American comedy slasher film starring Gary Busey in the title role. I had never heard of it, but there are actually sequels, go figure... What can I say? Sometimes I'm in the mood for a strange film, and this certainly qualifies. It's only a bit over an hour long. I saw it on Tubi.

trailer:

18 comments:

  1. Now, that sounds totally creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I don't think so! Reality is horrific enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need a relief from real life horror ;)

      Delete
    2. Good point, but with social anxiety, I simply cannot!

      Delete
    3. That makes a difference. My weekly grocery trip and online social contact is all the people contact I have and doesn't give me any anxiety. My reality horror is more removed and doesn't cause me undue stress.

      Delete
  3. Very creep especially starring Gary Busey

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...can't horror movies take a break for Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! Whatever floats your boat!

      Delete
    2. lol It's an entire subset, both in movies and stories/books. The Christmas ghost stories, for example, date back to at least the Victorian period. It's Tradition! ;)

      Delete
  5. Sounds scary! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not actually scary at all. Teen strangeness but not scary.

      Delete
  6. I think a gingerbread man could make a great scary character. Did he try to eat people the way they try to eat gingerbread?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The memory is already fading, but not that I remember. Evil laughter and big knives, though...

      Delete
  7. After seeing the preview, I don't know whether to laugh or get sick to my stomach!

    ReplyDelete