Friday, July 12, 2024

Renfield

Renfield (Amazon Prime) is a 2023 action comedy horror film directed by Chris McKay. Inspired by characters from the 1897 novel Dracula by Bram Stoker and focusing on the particular character of Renfield (which is obvious from the movie title), the film stars Nicholas Hoult, Awkwafina, Ben Schwartz, Shohreh Aghdashloo, Brandon Scott Jones, Adrian Martinez, and Nicolas Cage (as Dracula). This is a very silly take on the Dracula story, so it's not one I will watch again. I prefer my vampires to be serious, though there are exceptions.

trailer:



*******
This image of a poster from Wikipedia is my offering for Nicole's Friday Face Off:



*******

16 comments:

  1. I love Nicholas Cage

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this, and you are right. It is pretty silly. Have a great FRiday Nita.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...an action comedy horror film sounds like a misnomer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. There are more of them that I'd realized.

      Delete
  4. I saw some of this but didn't really like it. Glad you did! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would probably be more likely to watch it if it was silly than serious vampires--LOL!
    Hope you are staying cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am staying well and enjoying the heat :)

      Delete
  6. I wonder if I have seen this? I will have to check it out. Have a nice day today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound like me. "Have I seen this?" is a constant question lol

      Delete
  7. I would watch it just to see Nicolas Cage in the Dracula role!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Nicolas Cage, so I will look for this on Prime.

    ReplyDelete