Sunday, July 28, 2024

Queen of Paradis

Queen of Paradis (Tubi) is a 2020 documentary described by IMDb this way:
After the success of artist Reine Paradis' breakout photo series 'Jungle', filmmaker Carl Lindstrom follows her on a surreal journey across the United States as she works to complete her highly anticipated second series 'Midnight'.
This is another movie outside my typical fare, as I tend to avoid documemtaries and biographical films, but this is absolutely delightful. I had been unaware of Paradis and enjoyed this introduction. It is well-reviewed.

trailer:



*******

14 comments:

  1. ...I had been unaware of Paradis too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a lot of documentaries, and I watched them many night when the hubby goes to sleep. This sounds like one I need to check out. Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cerebral for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't find it so. Very Visual, as I had expected.

      Delete
  4. *ggg* That looks pretty weird. I'm not sure if I want to see a whole film about it ;-) but the trailer is funny.

    All the best, Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/07/ruckschau-auf-den-rest-vom-mai-2024-und.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never heard of any of these. I'll try to check them out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a rave review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree it IS surreal. At least what I saw in the trailer.

    ReplyDelete