Friday, July 26, 2024

Mad God

Mad God (Shudder free trial) is a 2021 stop-motion adult animated experimental horror film. Completed in 2021, the film was produced over a period of thirty years. The film received critical acclaim upon its release. We took advantage of the 7-day free trial of Shudder, looked up lists of the best movies available on that service, and I started watching the ones I hadn't already seen. This is quite the surprise, like nothing I'd seen before. I admit that if there's a plot I didn't discern it, but it's visually remarkable. I'm glad I've seen it.

trailer:



*******

14 comments:

  1. ...WOW, thirty years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll pass on this one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and who could blame you... lol

      Delete
  3. Another title that doesn't speak to me. Yeah, I think I got lost in films by Snow Whie, Cinderella and perhaps Harry Potter....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had me at "critical acclaim" lol

      Delete
  4. You are funny, about the plot...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect a plot. An actual plot. I don't always get one...

      Delete
  5. The visual effects look stunning. Wow, 30 years in the making!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd pass. But Shudder sounds like the perfect streaming place for you, my friend. Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed the music, but not the visuals.

    ReplyDelete