Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire (We bought the DVD. What can I say; we couldn't wait.) is a 2024 monster movie, the sequel to Godzilla vs. Kong (2021) and the fifth film in the Monsterverse franchise, also serving as the 38th film of the Godzilla franchise and 13th in the King Kong franchise. Rebecca Hall, Brian Tyree Henry, and Kaylee Hottle reprise their roles from the previous film. In the film, Kong encounters more of his species in the Hollow Earth and must unite again with Godzilla to stop the tyrannical Skar King and the powerful, frost-breathing Shimo from invading the Earth's surface. I'm continuing to enjoy the new Godzilla and King Kong films as they come out.

trailer:



*******

20 comments:

  1. ...WOW, the 38th film!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must look for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Godzilla movies just never get old! Good, bad, or hokey, they are fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Doesn't surprise me you couldn't wait. I hope the excitement was worth it. I know special effects these days beat the very old movies hands down. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoyed it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:49 PM

    Thanks for sharing -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. With all the special effects advances of CGI, we're in a Golden Age of monster movies now, aren't we? Glad you enjoyed this one so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the old ones still hold up, but you're right about the modern special effects. Amazing!

      Delete
  8. Goodness. 38 films? Amazing. Watched it as a child. Showing my age!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The original came of in 1954. I can't remember when I first saw it...

      Delete
  9. I'e said it before, and I'll say it again, I really need to check out these films.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're fun! I'd suggest watching the 1954 original first to get a sense of the history, but these modern ones are wonderful!

      Delete
  10. Godzilla ~ always fun ~ hugs,

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your day,
    clm ~ A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete