Wednesday, July 03, 2024

Nomadland

Nomadland (Hulu) is an award-winning 2020 drama film based on the 2017 nonfiction book Nomadland: Surviving America in the Twenty-First Century. It stars Frances McDormand (who is one of my favorites) as a widow who leaves her life in Nevada after she loses her job because the plant closes down, leaving the town a ghost town. She travels around the United States in her van as a nomad. A number of real-life nomads appear as fictionalized versions of themselves. A fascinating study of a life I didn't know existed. Most reviews are positive.

trailer:



*******

11 comments:

  1. I saw this movie. I was also taken a back by this whole other community of folks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started watching this on a plane, but never got to far because I was getting sleepy and shut it off. I guess I should go back to it. I've heard about this life style, which could be sad and tough too. Happy July 3 and 4. I won't be around tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...perhaps a fun lifestyle if you choose it, a difficult one if it's forced on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so for some people who retire and hit the road it's an adventure. For others, not so much :(

      Delete
  4. McDormand never, ever disappoints. She's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was really interesting and I think they did a pretty good job of keeping it as realistic as they could. Frances McDormand is such a good actress, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks!

    https://sintrabloguecintia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete