Monday, December 25, 2023

Merry Christmas!

I bought this nativity scene from Sears when I was a child back in the day when you could buy one piece at a time. We add the baby Jesus on Christmas Day (I'll go do that now) and begin moving the Wise Men (ours are men) towards the manger. They are added to the scene on Epiphany. I've forgotten where the star came from, but it was associated with a different nativity scene when my kids were little. I've also forgotten where the tree came from, but it's a recent addition.


18 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:16 AM

    I remember a nativity very similar to that from my parents house when I was little. Merry Christmas and have a healthy and blessed New Year. Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those pieces were very popular back in the day. I trust your Christmas season and New Year will bring joy to you and yours :)

      Delete
  2. Simply lovely. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember nativity scenes like this one and I miss Sears. Merry Christmas. ☃️ 🎄 ❄️ 🎅🏼

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a pretty nativity scene. I love that the figurines look so active! Most of the time they are stiff and immobile. Merry Christmas to you and yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I hope you're having a peaceful season :)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful scene, enjoy. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely set Nita. I don't know what happened to my parent's nativity. But I love the vintage-ness of yours. Have a fabulous Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The set means a lot to me.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful nativity scene! Merry Christmas ❤️. Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this manger scene as much as any I have ever seen. The workmanship looks lovely. I felt bad because all mine were buried in the basement mess right now and I couldn't get at them. Next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next year! There are always years when not everything gets used at Christmas.

      Delete