Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Carol (2015)

Carol (Netflix) is a 2015 romantic period drama based on the 1952 romance novel The Price of Salt by Patricia Highsmith. Set in New York City during the early 1950s, Carol tells the story of a budding relationship between an aspiring female photographer and an older woman going through a difficult divorce. It has received over 290 industry and critic nominations, and over 100 awards and honours. I don't know how I missed it until now and am happy to have remedied that loss. I say that as someone who avoids romance films like the plague. Even if you don't favor -or even if you particularly despise- a particular genre, there will always be a few movies that you'll like if you are willing to give them a chance. The movie begins during the Christmas holiday season.

trailer:



*******
More little trees. The cloth one on the left was made by Mother one year when we gave these as Christmas presents. The metal one in the back was a gift from The Daughter. The tree on the right came from Target. 

15 comments:

  1. I think my mom made me a similar gingerbread doll.I'd forgotten about that. And the trees are great. I've never seen a pom-pom tree not the tag hanging style, but I like them! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I love the pom-pom tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some wonderful trees. I just have one, and it is about 2" tall! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tree accumulation began as a desire to have some trees stay out all year in case I didn't want to decorate when the season came. I'd still have decorations ;)

      Delete
  4. I'll skip the movie, Cute decor especially the gingerbread girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had her since elementary school.

      Delete
  5. I watched this some time ago. But maybe need to watch it again. I love your little trees. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It'll be grocery shopping for me, today :)

      Delete
  6. Love seeing all the decorations you have for the holidays!
    I don't know how I missed this movie. I do remember hearing about it at the time and that it was really good. I'll have to look it up. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Netflix is the only free (with subscription) option I see.

      Delete
  7. I've heaerd that film is excellent, especially Blanchett. Love the pompom ball tree!

    ReplyDelete