Sunday, December 10, 2023

Home for the Holidays (1972)

Home for the Holidays is a 1972 made-for-television horror film that takes place during the Christmas holiday season. It stars Sally Field, Jessica Walter, Eleanor Parker, Julie Harris, and Walter Brennan.

via YouTube:



*******
I remember these ball trees from my childhood, although my family never had one. I'd been on the lookout at the antique malls and thrift stores and finally found one. I picked up the balls during an after-Christmas sale at Michael's a few years later. The little snow guy is another antique mall find from a few years back. These days I still sometimes go to antique malls, but I never buy anything. If only I had more room or less stuff... 🤣

16 comments:

  1. ...I've never seem a ball tree. Neat satin and shiny balls and selfie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet!
    They did a piece on my morning show, comparing new and old Christmas favourites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many of the old ones havebeen forgotten. They can be hard to find, which seems a shame given all the streaming services.

      Delete
  3. It starts rather complicated.
    But I LOVE that tree, good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those famous people and I was never tempted to watch this one. I tend to avoid spooky or horror movies especially around the holidays. I'm more an It's A Wonderful Life type of holiday movie watcher--lol!
    Love the Christmas ball tree. I have never seen them. Green is the perfect color for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer the more lighthearted Christmas movies, but I'm not at all a fan of It's a Wonderful Life.

      Delete
  5. It's a good cast. I like the ball tree -- I don't remember those but seeing yours I'm enchanted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew several people who had them. They do take up more storage space than most decorations, though.

      Delete
  6. Oh you are on christmas movies at these times - We watched a very nice and really funny french movie : Nöel Joyeux. Maybe you have a look at it.
    All the best
    Violetta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm familiar with a 2005 movie named Joyeux Noel about WW1:
      https://divers-and-sundry.blogspot.com/2008/12/joyeux-noel.html

      I'll see what I can find about the funny one you suggest. I'm always wanting movie recommendations, thanks!

      Delete
  7. I've never seen these, but I like that ball tree. I like the alternating rows of shiny and matte ornaments. Happy new week Nita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw them everywhere when I was a child. Maybe it was strictly a Southern thing?

      Delete
  8. I like the ball tree.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete