Thursday, November 12, 2020

Stranded

Stranded is a 2013 science fiction/horror film starring Christian Slater. From Wikipedia:
Four isolated astronauts in the lunar mining base Ark suffer a meteor storm. While inspecting the damage caused by the meteors, astronaut Ava Cameron discovers spores contained in one of the fragments and brings them back to the base for investigation. The medical officer discovers that these spores can grow rapidly, and in the process Ava is contaminated with them.
I watched it on TubiTV. Watch Alien instead, and take a pass on this one.

trailer:



Roger Ebert's site concludes a negative review by praising Amy Matysio:
The cast performs heroically considering how little they have to work with. The standout is Amy Matysio as Ava Cameron, the first astronaut to be affected, or infected. As the lone woman in an otherwise male cast, she's tasked with dramatizing much of the ick-and-boo material, and she's so ferociously committed that you'd think she's playing Joan of Arc. She belongs in a better movie. Or a movie.
Horror Freak News calls it "an absolute stinker from start to finish". HorrorNews.net says it's "a typical sci-fi B-movie. Nothing too terribly great, nothing too terribly bad."

20 comments:

  1. I was thinking this sounded a lot like the Star Trek episode where Spock and the rest of the crew are infected with spores which give perfect health, but cause side-effects. Spock becomes more human.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that one. Spock laughs. I remember it being a pretty episode, but it's been a while since I last saw it.

      Delete
  2. Hope you enjoyed this one 😀. Take care and happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. "Enjoyed" is definitely not the word lol

      Delete
  3. ...not where I'd want to be stranded.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen this film. And agreed, not the best. But I', excited I actually have seen a film someone writes about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many films out there. I see the ones people mention and wonder how I've never heard of them lol

      Delete
  5. This movie was awful! Talk about doing the opposite of everything you know real astronauts get taught to do and not do! I watched this awhile ago, to the end, and made sarcastic comments (in my head) along the way, about their behavior. I wish I'd known you were going to watch it: I would've warned you not to waste your time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it's worth it just to provide the running sarcastic commentary ;)

      Delete
  6. This sounded vaguely familiar to me. Since it was a bomb, I've probably seen it (grin).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never heard of it. It's fairly recent, so you'd think it would've crossed my path, but no...

      Delete
  7. Another one which I have never seen and never will! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the warning--LOL! I shall avoid this one for sure. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sorry I watched it, but it didn't break new ground or do an outstanding job of the old idea. So many movies to watch ;)

      Delete
  9. I own this one, only because I really like Christian Slater. Even though it got horrible ratings but it is OK for me. Thanks for showing this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An actor you really like can save a film :)

      Delete