Friday, October 25, 2019

A Bay of Blood

A Bay of Blood (a.k.a. Carnage, Twitch of the Death Nerve, and Blood Bath) is a 1971 thriller/horror film directed by Mario Bava. There's an inheritance of land, fraud, and murder. This one is violent in a 1970s way -a machete-in-the-face way- so if you're squeamish take a pass. Also, there's some nudity.



Slant Magazine gives it 4 out of 5 stars. Horror News calls it "a “bridge film” as it bridged the gap between European thrillers and contemporary horror." Rotten Tomatoes has a critics score of 80%.

8 comments:

  1. Yup, I can be squeamish. Think I will skip this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The special effects leave you in no doubt about how fake it is, so there's that lol

      Delete
  2. Slasher type movies are me least favorite. I'll pass. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. I try to be open-minded and willing to try new things, but I prefer the ghost stories and eerie/moody films.

      Delete
  3. I'll take your advice and skip this one. Thanks for warning us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mario Bava is worth trying out, but maybe not starting with this one ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh no, not for me! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't recommend it for folks who don't already know they like this kind of thing.

      Delete