Sunday, September 17, 2023

Two or Three Things I Know About Her

Two or Three Things I Know About Her (streaming on Max) is a 1967 French New Wave film written and directed by Jean-Luc Godard. The dramatic plot of the film presents just over 24 hours in the sophisticated, but empty, life of Juliette Jeanson, a bourgeois married mother of two young children who works as a prostitute during the day. According to Wikipedia (sources provided on that page) many critics regard the film as being among Godard's most significant works.

trailer (in French):

12 comments:

  1. French trailer doesn't help me--LOL! What did you think of it and were the subtitles in English? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't find a trailer with English :( but the film itself had English subtitles. That's the only way I can watch them. Those 60s French films are a thing lol and I'm glad I've seen this but don't think it's re-watchable for me.

      Delete
  2. I think I'll pass on this one. Thanks anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you hafta be in the right mood.

      Delete
  3. I counted up and I watched 6 films last week. That's pretty good for me. Not that you're probably that excited by my picks, but I watched Jaws 1 and 2, Star Trek the Wrath of Kahn, the original Dracula (1931), The Gray Man, and I went with some friends to see Barbie at the theater. I didn't expect much but that was one hilarious movie. I'm not sure how the actors did it with a straight face. Have a wonderful Sunday Nita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 6 is great. That's almost one every single day. I remember back when I only watched 1 or 2 a week. I like your list. I still haven't seen Jaws, but it's on my list. I don't plan on seeing Barbie.

      Delete
  4. Wow. Sounds like an interesting one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fine. Sometimes these French 60s films run together in my memory. It seems to have been a common thing for women to work as prostitutes while their men-folk were at work.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. French New Wave. I like some of them better than others. This isn't a favorite.

      Delete
  6. Too many movies. Too little time.

    ReplyDelete