Sunday, September 03, 2023

Bad Times at the El Royale

Bad Times at the El Royale is a 2018 American neo-noir thriller film written, directed, and produced by Drew Goddard. It stars an ensemble cast consisting of Jeff Bridges, Cynthia Erivo, Dakota Johnson, Jon Hamm, Cailee Spaeny, Lewis Pullman, and Chris Hemsworth. The plot centers on six strangers and an employee at the El Royale, a hotel located along the California–Nevada border, who arrive with dark personal secrets that eventually intersect on a fateful night in the late 1960s. The film explores themes on morality, faith, and redemption, with the state border and other visual elements symbolizing the concept of right and wrong. This is a fascinating movie. Critic reviews were mixed, but who cares. I was in from the beginning. I'll watch it again. It's free on Tubi.

trailer:



*******

12 comments:

  1. ...another that I missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll watch anything with Jeff Bridges in it. This one deserves a red envelope--lol! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is always so interesting to watch.

      Delete
  3. That might interest me! Thanks for pointing it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, another one which passed me by! Have a great, new week, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss almost everything until years later.

      Delete
  5. I couldn't get the trailer to load. All I see is a black box and nowhere to link. Same thing happened today with CJ's video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works for me, but here is the YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7wzBVARwaU

      Delete
    2. Thanks, It isn't YOU. My internet, or maybe blogger won't load any embedded videos/trailers/etc.

      Delete
    3. I don't think it's an issue with blogger, since other folks I know on blogger aren't having the problem. I wish I knew what to suggest, but even googling the problem I couldn't figure out what's happening :( I did find this, which is recent and might help:

      https://4ddig.tenorshare.com/video-error/embed-video-cannot-be-played.html

      Delete