Wednesday, September 13, 2023

My Big Fat Greek Wedding

My Big Fat Greek Wedding is one of those movies it seems everyone else has seen and loved, and when I saw it on Max I decided to give it a chance. I'm glad I've seen it, but I don't understand the love everyone feels for it. It has a huge following who can't wait for the third movie to be released. I will most likely never re-watch it or see any of the sequels. Them that likes it speak well of it, as the saying goes. Yes, it was good, but this is just not my thing.

trailer:



*******

Mornings on the fall patio mean shade. There's a clear line that moves gradually through the year, giving us sunshine that increases throughout the spring and early summer and decreases throughout the fall. These days we can enjoy morning shade for coffee on the patio and temperatures in the 60sF. We're getting highs in the 80s now instead of the upper 90s and 100+ temperatures we get during the summertime.


14 comments:

  1. I think it's just a fun happy movie. The way the world is, it's nice to have something positive to watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly so. I think that's the fun of it.

      Delete
  2. ...with temperature like that, shade is welcomed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The early morning shade is kinda chilly lol

      Delete
  3. I grew up in an old world Italian household. So I can very much relate to this movie. When Toula tells her parents she wants to move to her own apartment, her father, Gus, ask her what they are doing to make her so unhappy she wants to leave. My father said the exact same thing to me when I wanted to get my own place at 23. I was also told I had 2 ways to leave from under his roof. I could get married. I asked what the second way was, and he said: In a box. That was the end of the discussion. 🤣I found this movie to be hysterically funny. I wasn't too thrilled with the 2nd and not sure about a 3rd. I just love your patio oasis. We're still in the high 80s with high humidity. Very unusual for us at this time of year. I'm not complaining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother practically pushed me out the door when I graduated from college, though she always denied it.

      Delete
  4. I agree with you. I saw the first one and had no desire to watch the any more of them. Okay, but didn't understand all the hype.
    Yes, the sun angle has changed and the temp has dropped. Your patio is still so inviting! The sudden shift here went from 90s to 100 down to 60s and 70s. My planter boxes are feeling the chill. Was in the 40s here last night. I think we're in for a fall sprint again. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a quick and steep drop in temps! We seem to be getting actual fall weather here. Sometimes we just get a coupla weeks between the summer heat and the winter cold.

      Delete
  5. Your patio is beautiful, it's nice to have a place to sit outside, I love my balcony, too. And you won't believe it - I've actually seen that film! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to have outside access :)

      Delete
  6. I like it. Don't love it. Probably won't watch again or see the sequels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard about this film and saw the trailer, which actually turned me off to the film.

    Even now, your patio is full of vibrant color and beauty. I LOVE your patio!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very faded in person. There is still some color, and the fall sunflowers haven't bloomed yet. That'll be a nice bright spot when they do.

      Delete