Tuesday, September 19, 2023

A Boyer Wedding Feast

A Boyer Wedding Feast:

by Konstatin Makovsky (6/20/1839-9/17/1915), who was an influential Russian painter. This 1883 painting shows a toast at a wedding feast following a boyar marriage. The bride looks sad and reluctant, while the elderly attendant standing behind her encourages the bride to kiss the groom. The work won a gold medal at the World's Fair in 1885 and is considered to be one of Makovsky's most popular works. It is currently located in Hillwood museum, Washington DC, U.S.

Please share a drink related post with us over at the T Stands for Tuesday blogger gathering.

6 comments:

  1. ...it doesn't look like a joyous occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interestying painting, I haven't seen this before! Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this very much, Nita. A very nice find. And I learned something new today, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bride definitely looks sad. Lots of drinks to go around in this painting, though. Thanks for introducing me to an artist with whom I'm not familiar for T this Tuesday, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colorful clothing! Brocade? But the painting makes me sad to see the poor young bride looking kind of terrified.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd be reluctant if I had to marry that old dude, too. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete