Thursday, September 21, 2023

Fantastic Mr. Fox (film)

Fantastic Mr. Fox (on my Max watchlist) is a 2009 American stop-motion animated comedy film directed by Wes Anderson based on the 1970 children's novel of the same name by Roald Dahl. The cast includes George Clooney, Meryl Streep, Jason Schwartzman, Bill Murray, Willem Dafoe, and Owen Wilson. I somehow missed this one, don't ask me how, and am glad I watched it.

trailer:

Roger Ebert gives it a positive review as does the Guardian. Empire Online says, "Genuinely original: a silly, hilarious and oddly profound adaptation for adult-sized children."

*******

14 comments:

  1. ...I missed this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, I wonder how did I miss this one? On my list now. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Wed Anderson but this is new to me. I need to check it out -- I wonder if it's suitable for a six-year old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's rated PG by the MPAA for action, smoking and slang humor.

      Delete
  4. I loved this one! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, thanks for this suggestion. It sounds delightful

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Wes Anderson's style, and I haven't seen this one either. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cast alone is reason to watch it.

    ReplyDelete