Saturday, September 16, 2023

Star Trek Voyager 42


There is no image, but the entire episode The Haunting of Deck Twelve is built around an entity in section 42 of Deck 12.

from the transcript:
MEZOTI: This has something to do with deck twelve, doesn't it?
NEELIX: Well, what makes you say that?
ICHEB: Deck twelve section forty two is off limits to everyone but senior officers with a level six security clearance.
MEZOTI: That's because it's haunted, isn't it?

*******

As some of you may recall, The Husband spent about 5 years not living here full-time and was only here a day or so a week. My practice during those years was to do my blog visiting in the mornings over coffee. Now he's here for morning coffee, and my schedule is in need of reconfiguring. I'm sure I'll get there... Maybe I could do blogland after he leaves for work, but usually by then I've started laundry and other housework and just haven't made it to my laptop. I'd do it during lunch, but he's home for lunch. I'm not making it to my laptop for days on end. When do y'all do your computer activities, anyway?

14 comments:

  1. ...Star Trek was never my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good Star Trek show. I tend to blog in the morning while I have my breakfast shake. Even if the hubby is home, he's into his headphones and watching shows on his iPad. I also like to get up and throw on laundry or get to my morning chores so some days I don't sit very long at the computer. I sometimes also check my computer in the evening when we watch TV together, especially if the show isn't something that interests me too much or if I'm afraid I'll doze off just watching the show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Husband is so excited to be back here full-time it's hard for me to do the computer if he's in the house lol Sometimes he'll work or nap or go out for some reason, and I can do it then. That'll probably change.

      Delete
  3. Clever use of 42. I don't remember that episode. Usually, I start the morning on the computer. Himself is either at work or watching a really bad Kung Fu movie. I also jump on the computer when I don't want to do laundry and other housework. So I'm on the computer a lot! 🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should get on the computer as soon as he leaves for work. That might work...

      Delete
  4. I always used to do my blog-work in the mornings while drinking my coffee, now I put it off till the evening and then have to fight with myself - TV or blog, or both at the same time? That's my choice this evening....Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the English-language movies where I can blog while I watch.

      Delete
  5. I haven't watched Voyager yet. I was going to try to watch all the various series I have missed but it always seems to be too low on the priority list.

    Allie doesn't care when I'm at the computer, so I can snoop any time I feel up to it--lol! I usually do peek around when I get up while I have coffee--yes. Days when I am busy with P&P or some other project I use up my spoons and am not online as much. With me it is more health or how busy I am than anything that determines how much I am online. You will figure out a new routine in time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll take a while, I guess to figure out a plan that works... :)

      Delete
  6. How nice to find another 42. I wasn't aware (or didn't remember) that episode.

    It seems I am on my computer every waking hour and am still far behind visiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't remember that episode either...

      Delete
  7. I'll have to ask Mr Man about this episode - he's the Star Trek authority in our house (col). I am right there with you about trying to develop a new rhythm & routine to my day(s).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't realized what a rut I was in lol

      Delete