Friday, September 22, 2023

Linoleum

Linoleum (on Hulu) is a 2022 comedy drama film. Highly recommended. I loved this one, absolutely loved it! It's hard to describe, and I feel like I can't do it justice. See it; you won't regret it.

trailer:



Roger Ebert's site closes a positive review with this: "It's a small movie that takes big swings." Variety encourages us to watch it and says, "Jim Gaffigan’s compelling lead performance anchors Colin West’s free-wheeling indie without impeding its flights of fantasy." The Hollywood Reporter concludes,
Linoleum is in many ways a small movie, concerned with not much more than this limited circle of people trying to figure out how to understand their own lives — to make peace with the brighter future that never came, or to decide how to take charge of their own destinies, or to sort through the relationships that have mattered to them all along. But the emotional punch it packs has the weight of entire lifetimes behind it.
*******

10 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed it! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really interesting! I will definitely have to go add this to my Hulu list. I forget I even have Hulu sometimes--lol! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have 2 movies in my Hulu watchlist right now.

      Delete
    2. Such an odd but poignant movie. Since I was in recovery from surgery mode today I decided it would be a good day to binge watch some movies. Thanks, Nita. They were all worth watching!! :)

      Delete
    3. "poignant" is a great word for this movie. I'm so glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  3. ...a movie about floorcovering?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Jim Gaffigan. And I actually HAVE Hulu! So this is going on the list. (Rick recently asked me if I ever watched movies where someone isn't murdered, so I think he might like this one too!)

    ReplyDelete