Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Green Tea: An Overview

Just One Cookbook has thorough and interesting information on green tea. They begin with this:
Green tea is synonymous with Japanese tea. It is the most consumed beverage in Japan, valued for its health and restorative properties. Drinking green tea (緑茶) is a custom that has been interwoven into Japanese culture, with almost every meal in Japan accompanied by a freshly brewed pot of green tea. It is a way of life and an embodiment of Japanese hospitality.

Before taking your next sip, let’s discuss the history of green tea, types of green tea, and the best way of drinking green tea for optimal health benefits.

Included are sections on history, types, health benefits and more. Most of this information was new to me, but I confess I don't drink green tea at all. I've had it in the past and enjoyed it, but I never included it as part of my life.

Please share your own drink-related post and join us at the T Stands for Tuesday blogger gathering hosted by Bleubeard and Elizabeth.

13 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you don't drink it either!! Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...not being a tea drinker, I'm amazed by all of the different types of teas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always find green tea names confusing. I didn't know there was more than 1 kind of green tea. That was an interesting read. Matcha is definitely popular in Japan. Happy T day Nita.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always find the most interesting stuff. I've had green tea, but didn't know much about it. Seeing that it has so many health benefits may be worth another try. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  5. this was very interesting thanks since I can't have caffeine (raises my b/p almost immediately) I have come to enjoy green teas and white teas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the link. I learned a lot from the article. It appears if I want to strengthen my bones and reduce inflation in my joints, I should drink 3 to 4 cups a day. Gosh. I can drink four huge mugs of coffee a day, but drinking four cups of tea sounds daunting. Thanks for sharing this article on green tea, Nita. It is perfect for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like green tea. I'll check out the link -- I'd like to know more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated Happy T-day :-))
    Hugs again, Traude

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had a Japanese exchange teacher at our school once who made Green tea for the chikdren in my class. Can't say I was keen but she was so enthusiastic I had to smile, belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting post dear friend, thanks so much. I like very much green tea
    Happy belated T-day !
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Testing- I think my comment has been eaten by blogger

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't drink much tea. But when I do it's green. Have a nice day today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love green but white is my first choice. There are so many wonderful varieties out there that one doesn't have to just drink plain green.
    Happy Late Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete