Sunday, May 07, 2023

Conan the Barbarian (1982)

Conan the Barbarian is a 1982 sword and sorcery movie starring Arnold Schwarzenegger as Robert E. Howard's Conan hero. James Earl Jones and Max von Sydow are also in this film. I re-watch this every once in a while. I enjoy the sword and sorcery film subgenre. I got introduced to it through those old Steve Reeves *sigh* Hercules movies I saw on late-night TV. Great fun! Right now this Conan movie is playing on Netflix.

trailer:



There's a sequel film starring Schwarzenegger -Conan the Destroyer- that is also a lot of fun. A third film was planned but never made.

18 comments:

  1. ...I've head of it, but that's about all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:24 AM

    I love Arnold and the whole Conan series - CJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Conan's a fun character, and Schwarzenegger was perfectly cast.

      Delete
  3. When this first came out Mr. M. couldn't wait to see it at the drive in. It is actually a good movie. However, I like the second one better with Grace Jones. Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they were fun to see in the theater.

      Delete
  4. I never did see this. Not enough desire to see it now, I don't think. Too many other movies and shows that would get priority. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make time to re-watch this one lol

      Delete
  5. Oh no! Not my film! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen so many memes about this movie - mostly to mock Arnold. Mr Man does like Arnold's movies. I wonder how Arnold feels seeing this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The evolution of Schwarzenegger has been fun to watch. He's said he'd do another Conan -an old version- if that ever happened, so I'm guessing he's proud of what he accomplished there.

      Delete
  7. I remember seeing this on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I agree. This is a good watch. Not the best movie ever made, but certainly worth a couple of hours of your time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not everything can be Citizen Kane. And that's a good thing :)

      Delete
  9. Oh my, I haven't seen these movies in decades and yes they are fun to watch 😊. I didn't know a third was scheduled but not made, I guess these movies propelled his career and he moved onto other things. Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has said he'd love to do another one -Conan as an old man after he'd had a full life. I'd pay to see that!

      Delete