Thursday, May 25, 2023

Christopher Robin (2018)

Christopher Robin is a 2018 live-action Disney film starring Ewan McGregor as the title character now all grown up with a wife and daughter. We've always been Winnie the Pooh fans, and we even play Pooh Sticks every chance we get, and we thought this was delightful! I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it. They did a great job of taking the Winnie the Pooh characters and back story seriously while also giving grown-up Christopher Robin a solid reality we can get behind. I watched it on Disney+.

trailer:

18 comments:

  1. Confession: I never read Winnie The Poo when I was a kid and Dagan never had them, either. I haven't seen them at McFamily's so I don't know if the boys have ever had them read to them, either. Should maybe find out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids were big fans. I think we still have a couple of the books...

      Delete
  2. ...stories continue to evolve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched this when it first hit Netflix and thoroughly enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds wonderful! Thanks, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to see this and then forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me Nita.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Winnie the Pooh & his friends are some of the greatest Wisdom Masters out there! (IMO)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, I feel STUPID. I've never heard of Christopher Robin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not stupid, not at all. My kids loved them!

      Delete
  8. I remember this movie. It was charming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Charming" is the perfect word for it.

      Delete
  9. Yes, nice movie...
    I was absolutely delighted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. I was afraid of what they would do with it...

      Delete