Monday, May 29, 2023

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves is a 2023 American fantasy heist comedy film based on the tabletop role-playing game Dungeons & Dragons, set in the Forgotten Realms campaign setting. I know nothing about the game, though back in the '70s I tried without success to find somebody to play with. The movie is a straight-up adventure film, needing no knowledge at all of the game. Great fun, this movie. Nicely done, with good action sequences and comic elements that aren't detracting from the quest. Chris Pine, Michelle Rodriguez, Regé-Jean Page, Justice Smith, Sophia Lillis, and Hugh Grant star. I watched it on Paramount+.

trailer:



The Guardian calls it a "riotously enjoyable fantasy adventure." NPR has a positive review. 93% of Rotten Tomatoes audience reviewers loved it.

10 comments:

  1. ...Dungeons & Dragons, a game that our son played.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to see this, but we don't get Paramount. 😭

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed it! Have a great week, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantasy adventure is sometimes just the thing.

      Delete
  4. I plan to watch this. Dagan and Leah went to the movie theater to see it and said they thought I would like it even if I know nothing about D&D. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the mid-80s, a lot of my friends were playing the game. I tried to get into it, but didn'th8ave the time to devote to it. Sounds like a fun film, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could've found somebody to play with; I'd've _made_ time lol!

      Delete